Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I am handywoman, hear me roar

Spent most of Sunday installing a new ceiling fan in my back bedroom. The old fan needed to go because:

a. It was really ugly
b. The light in the fan was no longer working

I looked all over town for a ceiling fan with a light that wasn't hideous (as most of them are). I finally got one at Home Depot in Edmonton when I was up there last week for a conference. It's kind of funky.



It came with four blade colour options (black, silver, two shades of fake wood) and two light cover options (white and this dark orangey thing with black speckles).



Aside from a phone consult with my dad and a friend about wiring-- I didn't want to set my house on fire-- I did the whole thing myself (just to prove that I could). I got to use my new stepladder in the process.

Now that I have a ladder (and light in the room) maybe I'll finally get around to putting up the curtains I bought months ago.

MADLibrarian

P.S. I did make cherry jelly-- 18 little jars of plain and 10 jars of Jalapeno pepper.

No comments: