Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bahamian video

As promised-- the video I shot of Peter and Ginny launching the rowing shell.



My little video camera did pretty good.

Peter did 6K that morning. He's now looking for a suitable roof rack so he can take the shells to Lake Cunningham.

That morning was one of the two times I got my feet wet during my week in The Bahamas. On the Monday I walked along the beach on my way to Traveller's Rest where I spent the afternoon on the patio reading and drinking strawberry daiquiris (ok I only had one).

I did one day of touristy things. On the Tuesday Ginny dropped me off at The College of The Bahamas and I got to see almost everyone I wanted to. I then took the 10A (blast from the past!!) downtown and then the ferry across to Paradise Island. Very little shade there and I got a little too much sun. Lunch was back on Bay Street and after a quick wander I spent the rest of the day in the garden at the British Colonial Hilton-- sitting in the shade and reading.

On Thursday I drove in The Bahamas for the first time in 5 1/2 years-- and it was a right-hand drive car to boot! Every time I wanted to use the turn signal I turned on the windshield wipers.

My trip home was worrisome-- nothing went wrong!! I managed to make it home early enough on Saturday to pick up some breakfast, get home to feed the cats and be at work for 9:00am.

MADLibrarian

No comments: