Wednesday, July 18, 2007

TV Meteorologists really bug me

We're having a heat wave and my house traps heat and I don't have air conditioning.

Yesterday morning I was watching Canada AM from the BC time zone and they did the BC weather. The weather guy happily announced that the BC interior was going to have a great day-- 32C and sunny. Victoria, on the other hand, was not so nice-- 18C and rainy (I say bring it on).

Attention TV weather announcers: 25C and sunny with a breeze is a great summer day-- 32C is too damn hot!!!

It's supposed to be a little cooler over the next few days but I'm off to Moose Jaw and the Festival of Words (www.festivalofwords.com) where the weather will be hot-- and possibly humid. The air conditioning at Moose Jaw Library better be working this year. Veronica and I sweated a lot last year.

Veronica and the kids came to Lloydminster's fair last week. She and I had a sisters night out on the Thursday-- chuckwagon races followed by the grandstand show featuring Trooper. I came out ahead on the evening because I won the 50/50 draw (over $1100!). Now I'll never win the lottery.

MADLibrarian

No comments: